Create a product to connect people virtually! This event is for San Jose State University students.
Connecting with others when we can't meet them in person can be difficult. Thus, we present this problem to you, and you can help solve it!
Hosted by ACM SIGGRAPH Student Chapter at SJSU (a computer graphics focused club) and SCE (Software & Computer Engineering Society), we'll provide a virtual space and online workshops for you to build a project.
This hackathon will be held remotely for San Jose State University students and operate on Discord and Devpost!
Theme: Connect people virtually! You can interpret that however you like; get creative, and don't be afraid to stretch the boundaries of what it means to connect with others. If you're unsure about whether your project would quality, feel free to contact us.
There will be two tracks:
- General Track: projects submitted to this track would be primarily code-based
- Digital Art Track: projects submitted to this track would be primarily art based (eg. 3D modeling, art, storyboarding, etc.)
All times below are in PT & details on where to meet (Discord voice chat or Zoom) will be sent in the SCEGGRAPH Hackathon Discord.
- Discord Bot:
- Mon, Nov 2: 1:00PM-2:00PM
- Learn how to create a Discord bot!
- Website Building w/ Django:
- Thurs, Nov 5: 1:30PM - 2:30PM
- Prerequisites: basic knowledge of HTML & CSS, familiarity with terminal/konsole
- Intro to React [ReactJS-1]:
- Fri, Nov 6: 12:00PM
- Learn the basics of React and how you can use to it build your own website
- 3D Computer Graphics Application-Unity:
- Mon, Nov 9: 6:00PM - 7:15PM
- Learn about what platforms 3D modeling can be used in
- Class & Hook w/ Event Listeners [ReactJS-2]:
- Thurs, Nov 12: 7:00PM-8:00PM
- 2D Animation:
- Mon, Nov 16: 6:00PM - 7:15PM
- Learn how to make flipbook style animations, the technology used for them, and create your own!
- Tues, Nov 17: 6PM
- noSQL with Firebase (Google) & Dynamodb (AWS) [ReactJS-3]
- Thurs, Nov 19: 7:00PM-8:00PM
- RESTful API with Node server [ReactJS-4]
- Mon, Nov 23: 7:00PM-8:00PM
- Mon, Nov 30: 7:00PM-8:00PM
- Data Analysis & Visualization
- Fri, Dec 4: 2:00PM
Hackathon Schedule: Jan 8 - 10, 2021
- Q: How do I sign up?
- A: Register for this hackathon through Devpost (this website!)
- Q: How can I meet people in order to have a group of 2 or 3 people?
- A: Attend workshops, message people in the hackathon/club Discords, and attend group forming events that will be held during the hackathon itself.
- Q: How can I know if my project meets the necessary criteria?
- A: Please message in the Discord if you want your project checked.
- Q: How to I join the SCEGGRAPH Discord?
- A: Click on this link: https://discord.gg/aQKhbDc
ACM SIGGRAPH Student Chapter at SJSU: a computer graphics special interest club, focused on bridging the gap between art and engineering
- Instagram: @acmsiggraphsjsu
- Discord: https://discord.com/invite/EPGRKWw
- Instagram: @sjsusce
- Discord: https://discord.gg/MspBghA
Blue Ice Ball Microphone (2)
Prize may change
Amazon Echo Dot (2)
Prize may change
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Work in a group of 2-3 people who are students at San Jose State University
- Project code (preferably on Github)
Digital Art Track:
- Video showing art piece/images
- Description of project and how it connects people
- Presentation (Google Slides, etc.)
ACM SIGGRAPH Student Chapter Officers
Shall be posted at a later date